Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Welcome!

Hi Everyone!

Let me introduce myself- I'm Elizabeth (Lizzy) Hilt, and I'm a junior at Ursinus College. This afternoon I'm flying out of the United States and embarking on my 12 week journey in Kigali, Rwanda.
Kigali, Rwanda taken by https://helainainrwanda.wordpress.com/

Kigali is the largest city and capital of Rwanda, and I have heard it's beautiful. While there, I will be interning with WE-ACTx for Hope, a non-government organization whose mission is to provide health care treatment to women and children with little access. I've been extremely interested in women and gender issues my whole life, and this experience will hopefully integrate my two passions for health care and gender equality.

Thank you for joining me in my adventure!! Off to the airport for my 20 hour expedition! I'm thrilled to share this experience with you. See you all in Rwanda.

-E


2 comments:

  1. Safe travels, Lizzy. You are doing important work and I'm really proud of you.!! I can't wait to see pictures of your surroundings and hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures!

    You certainly will get a work-out just walking to and from the clinic. I just read a passage from the travel book that says of Kigali's hilly terrain,

    "Our tip: unless you have the inclination of a goat," (which you did as a child, so you're in luck there :) "and the thighs of a mountain gorilla, jump on the back of a moto-taxi (motorcycle taxi) and hang on tight."

    - Mom

    ReplyDelete